History & Milestones
Formerly In 1996, the Company was incorporated in the name of L.N. Finco Gems Private Limited and started providing financial services like Public Issue Management, Merchant Banking Services, and Vehicle Loans. In the year 2005, it changed it’s the name to Au FINANCIERS (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED. In 2013, Company was converted into Public Ltd. and name of the Company changed as “Au FINANCIERS (INDIA) LIMITED” formerly known as Au FINANCIERS (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED.
Au FINANCIERS (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED. is registered as NBFC-ND-AFC, Non Deposit Taking, Asset Financing, Non Banking Finance Company under RBI guidelines and we are being categorized as “Systemically Important Asset Finance Company”.
- Incorporated as a private limited company in Rajasthan with a limited capital of Rs. 1Lac by raising funds from high net worth individuals (HNWIs) and providing a wide range of financial assistance services in Rajasthan.
- Adopted a fee-based model, acting as an origination partner for private sector banks.
- Diversified business and helped banks extend their geographical reach in the vehicular, personal, and home loan segments.
- Became one of the leading business partners of HDFC Bank, originating and servicing vehicle loans through a risk sharing model. This was an inflection point for us, enabling scale operations to sustain growth in Rajasthan.
- Ventured into Maharashtra with Pune as our base.
- Attracted the first round of private equity worth Rs. 20 Cr from IBEF and IBEF-I (funds advised by MOPE Investment Advisors Private Limited).
- Originated loans under its own book, adopting broadly similar procedures as those followed by the Company when originating loans for HDFC Bank.
- Forayed into Gujarat – the third state where the Company started its operations.
- The Company mobilized Second round of private equity of Rs.35 crores and Rs.20 crores infused by International Finance Corporation (IFC) and Motilal Oswal Private Equity via Funds IBEF and IBEF I, respectively. The Promoters also infused Rs.5 crores as Capital in the Company.
- Company attained the Status of 'Systemically Important Non Deposit taking Asset Finance Company.
- The Company diversified into SME (Business Loans) secured by immovable property, plant, machinery, and receivables.
- The Company raised Tier-II capital of Rs.55 crores infused from large private sector banks including HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank.
- The Company set up wholly owned subsidiary housing finance company (HFC) i.e. Au Housing Finance Pvt. Ltd. to provide housing finance services.
- The Company raised its Third round of private equity of Rs.150 crores infused by Warburg Pincus and IFC, who reasserted their confidence by investing Rs.330 Million again in the Company.
- Upgrade of External Credit Rating: With consistent growth in income and profitability, good asset quality and timely infusion of capital at successive intervals; Company’s long term rating was upgraded from “CRISIL BBB+/Positive Outlook” to “CRISIL A /Stable Outlook” i.e. by two notches in June, 2012; CARE also upgraded rating of the Company from ‘A-’ to ‘A’ in August, 2012.
- The Company achieved another historical milestone where its relationships with Banks, Financial Institutions and Foreign Institutional Investors increased from one in 2007 to more than 50.
- Mobilized 5 years unsecured NCDs from FMO, CDC & Guarant Co for Rs. 330 crores.
- Chrys Capital, a leading Pvt. Equity Fund, acquired 10.01% stake in the Company
- The Company entered preferred tie-ups with three major OEMs – Bajaj Auto Limited, Daimler India Commercial Vehicle Private Limited and Atul Auto Limited.
- The Company made a strategic investment of Rs. 4.5 Crore in Mpower Micro Finance Private Limited, a Gujarat based NBFC carrying out micro-finance. Mpower addresses the unique financial needs of ‘bottom-of-the-pyramid’ individuals - an un-reached, un-served and un-banked customer segment.
- Au Financiers was featured in Forbes India in an article called 14 Hidden Gems, placing Au Financiers in the elite company of Indian corporate who have done well even during difficult times.
- The Company raised its fourth round of capital equivalent to Rs. 124.55 Crore via a preferential offering of shares to existing shareholders, i.e. promoters, employees and global private equity investors.
- Au group graduated into the big league by crossing the Rs 100 crore mark in the net profit in the FY 2013-14.
- Au was amongst the few of the chosen ones AGAIN for the VCCircle Awards, awards which are held annually, and is one of its kinds as it honors companies and the entrepreneurs who have created tremendous shareholder value, who have created an impact on the industry they operate in, led innovation, and shown consistent performance.
- Au FINANCIERS achieved the unexpected growth by reporting a significant increase in numbers leading to an overall prosperity and consistent growth in difficult times.Proving the above line true, Mr. Sanjay Agarwal, Managing Director of the Company was one of the Finalist for the 16th Ernst & Young (EY) Entrepreneur of the Year Award (2014,India). This Shortlisting was also the result of transformation of Au and its team members from “Vehicle Finance Company” to a Financial Services Company offering MSME, SME, Structured Finance, LAP, Housing (Through Subsidiary Au HOUSING FINANCE) and Insurance Services (Through Associate Company, Au INSURANCE BROKING).
- India Ratings & Research assigned Long term rating of “IND A+”/stable and short term rating of “IND A1+”
- Kedaara Capital, a leading Pvt. Equity Fund, acquired 9.98% stake in the Company.
- After 20 Years of Perseverance, dedicated working, we feel honoured on having received ‘in-principle approval’ for forming Small Finance Bank from the Apex Bank – THE RESERVE BANK OF INDIA.
- The Company got assigned an issuer Ratings of BWR AA- (Pronounced BWR double AA minus- Stable outlook).
- Employee strength crossed 5000.
- Asset under Management crossed more than Rs. 8000 Cr
- Reduction in Foreign Shareholding from 65% to 49%
- Financial assistance received from NABARD of Rs. 550 Cr for the purpose of rural and agricultural development
- RBI has issued the Final Licence to Au Financiers (India) Ltd on 20th December 2016 for Small Finance Bank
For any Loan for Car, SME/MSME, Commercial Vehicle, Builder Funding(Project Finance) related query, kindly call on 9001111333/9001111385
Small Finance Bank
For any Small Finance Bank related inquiry kindly contact: