History & Milestones
Formerly In 1996, the Company was incorporated in the name of L.N. Finco Gems Private Limited and started providing financial services like Public Issue Management, Merchant Banking Services, and Vehicle Loans. In the year 2005, it changed it’s the name to Au FINANCIERS (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED. In 2013, Company was converted into Public Ltd. and name of the Company changed as “Au FINANCIERS (INDIA) LIMITED” formerly known as Au FINANCIERS (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED.
Au FINANCIERS (INDIA) PRIVATE LIMITED. is registered as NBFC-ND-AFC, Non Deposit Taking, Asset Financing, Non Banking Finance Company under RBI guidelines and we are being categorized as “Systemically Important Asset Finance Company”.
Our Company was granted the in-principle approval to establish an Small Finance Bank (SFB) by the RBI, pursuant to its letter dated October 7, 2015. Subsequently, the RBI granted our Company the final approval to establish an SFB by its letter dated December 20, 2016. Pursuant to our Company establishing an SFB, the name of our Company will be changed to “Au Small Finance Bank Limited”
- Incorporated as a private limited company in Rajasthan with an authorised share capital of Rs. 0.1 million.
- Received certificate of registration under section 45 I A of RBI Act from the RBI to carry on the business of non-banking financial institution without accepting public deposits.
- Became commercial associate of HDFC Bank for carrying on the business of financing commercial vehicles.
- Expanded operations into Maharashtra.
- Obtained investment of Rs. 200 million from India Business Excellence Fund and India Business Excellence Fund-1.
- Forayed into Gujarat, the third state where our Company commenced its operations.
- TReceived fresh certificate of registration under section 45 IA of RBI Act from the RBI pursuant to which RBI has classified our Company as a NBFC-ND-AFC.
- Obtained investment of Rs. 350 million, Rs. 60 million and Rs. 140 million, from IFC, IBE Fund and IBE Fund -I, respectively.
- Attained the status of “Systemically Important Non-Deposit Taking Asset Finance Company”.
- Set-up a subsidiary, Au Housing Finance Private Limited, to provide housing finance services.
- Obtained investment of Rs. 1,500 million and Rs. 330.44 million from Redwood and IFC, respectively.
- Set-up a subsidiary, Au Insurance Broking Services Private Limited, to provide insurance and broking services.
- Assigned a credit rating of CARE A+ for long-term banking facilities by CARE Ratings.
- Received “in-principle” approval for forming an SFB from the RBI.
- Received final approval for carrying on the business of SFB from the RBI.
- Received a long term credit rating of BWRAA with Stable Outlook from Brickwork Ratings.
- Assigned a long-term rating of CRISIL A/ Watch Positive by CRISIL Ratings.
- Pursuant to RBI approval dated April 6, 2016, divested its shareholding in Au Housing Finance Limited which was our erstwhile subsidiary company.
- Pursuant to RBI approval dated May 18, 2016, divested its entire shareholding in Index Money Limited.
- Pursuant to RBI approval dated September 6, 2016, divested 29.53% of the total shareholding of M Power Micro Finance Private Limited.
- Divested its entire shareholding in Au Insurance Broking Services Private Limited (“AuIBSPL”), our erstwhile associate company.
- In this regard, our Company has received an in-principle approval dated December 6, 2016 from the IRDAI for change in shareholding pattern of AuIBSPL.