Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct Au commitment to ethical and lawful business conduct is a fundamental shared value of the Board of Directors, the senior management and all other employees of the Company. Consistent with its values and beliefs, Au has formulated the following Code of Conduct as a guide.
The Code does not attempt to be comprehensive or cover all possible situations. It encourages the Au’s team to take positive actions, which are not only commensurate with the Values and Beliefs, but are also perceived to be so. Au expects all its employees to implement the Code in its accurate spirit.
In performing their functions, the directors, seniormanagement and employees of the Company shall:
- Act honestly, diligently and in good faith and integrity in all their dealings with and for the Company;
- Not use any confidential information obtain by them in the course of their official duty, whether from the company or otherwise, for personal gain or use / allow the use of such information for the financial benefit for any other person;
- Not engage in any business, relationship or activity, which might detrimentally conflict with the interest of the company;
- Maintain the principal of need to know and also confidentiality of all material non – public information about the company, its business and affairs;
- Abide by all applicable laws and regulations including the company’s Prevention of Insider Trading Code;
- Not use their status to seek or a accept any personal gains or favors from those doing or seeking to do business with the company or from other employees of the company;
- Not share any information regarding the company, its business and / or affairs with media without the prior approval of the Corporate Disclosure Officers;
- Act in the best interest of, and fulfill their fiduciary obligations to the shareholders of the Company;
- Act honestly, sensibly, morally and with integrity;
- Conduct their business in a professional, polite, ethical , honest and respectful manner;
- Encourage the zero tolerance approach to bribery and corruption in the dealings of the company as per the Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy of the company;
- To conduct the affairs of Company and its employees in a fair and transparent manner by adopting highest standards of professionalism, honesty, integrity and ethical behavior and to adhere the whistle blowing mechanism as stated in the Whistle Blower Policy of the company;
- Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- Oversee the conduct of the Company’s business to evaluate whether the business is being properly managed;
- Review and where appropriate, approve the Company’s major financial purpose, plans and actions;
- Review and where appropriate, approve major changes in, and resolve of other major issues respecting, the appropriate auditing and accounting principles and practice to be used in the preparation of the Company’s financial statements;
- Assess major risk factors relating to the company and its performance, and review measure to address and mitigate such risks;
In addition, in performing their Board and Board Committee functions, the directors shall:
- Not hold position of Directors/ Advisor with a competitor Company;
- Inform the Chairman of changes in their interests that may interfere with their ability to perform their duties, and in case of “independent directors”, impact their autonomy as a Board member.
Board Member and Senior Management Personnel will disclose potential conflicts of interest that they may have regarding any matters, if any, at the Board Meetings and Directors having such conflict of interest will abstain himself/ herself from discussions and voting on any such matter;
Board Members and Senior Management Personnel will make available to and share with fellow Directors/ Senior Management Personnel for their personal advantages; and
None of the Directors/ Senior Management Personnel shall drive any benefit not assist others to drive benefit, by giving investment advice from access to and Possession of information about the Company which is not in public domain and deemed to be insider information. All Directors/ Senior Management personnel will comply with Company’s Code on Prohibition of Insider Trading as applicable on time.
Directors/ Senior Management Personnel who has concerns regarding compliance with this Code should raise concerns with the Chairman of the Board, who will determine what action shall be taken to deal with held concern.
This code embodies the belief that acting always with the company’s legitimate interest in mind and being aware of the company’s responsibility towards its stakeholders is an essential elements of the company’s long term excellence.